TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LYG BOAT HIRE
- Hirers are responsible for communicating to Queen Mary Sailing Club their ability relative to the weather conditions and choice of craft. The Duty Officer on the day will decide on eligibility for hire in the conditions.
- Minimum ability levels (further restrictions may be imposed in stronger wind conditions and busier racing environments):
Dinghy sailing: Adults: RYA Level 2 Juniors: RYA Stage 3
- MASTHEAD FLOATS MUST BE USED ON ALL DOUBLEHANDED DINGHIES and are provided
- Hirers must keep within the designated sailing areas and must not sail within the exclusion zones around dredgers, as indicated by the surrounding buoys.
- Directions of the Duty Officer and Safety Boat Drivers must be followed at all times
- All equipment hire includes use of wetsuits. Wetsuits or drysuits must be worn from November 1 to March 31 by all water users.
- All equipment hire includes buoyancy aids which should be correctly worn at all times whilst on the water, pontoon or banks
- Hire rate is as agreed by QM
- Should damage be sustained to the dinghy or a claim be made against the hirer, the damage waiver is a maximum of £400
- Credit/debit card details will be kept securely by the QM office should a successful claim be brought against the hirer post event. QM will make every effort to contact via the details above before a charge is made, however should no communication be possible, QM reserve the right to charge a fair price to the card details provided
- All equipment damage must be reported at reception as soon as practicable and must be paid for unless the damage is deemed to be due to reasonable wear and tear.
- A responsible adult must remain on site to supervise under-18’s hiring
- Queen Mary Sailing Club reserve the right to refuse or curtail hire at any time for reasons of safety or if the weather conditions become unsuitable or for any other reason
|Book a Date|