RYA Dinghy Instructor - Advanced Endorsement
This two day course runs from 09:30 until 19:00 each day.
Prior to attending this course candidates must:
- Be qualified to full RYA Dinghy Instructor recognition with at least one seasons teaching experience
- Have an RYA approved valid First Aid certificate (for a list of approved courses please visit their website)
- Have personal sailing skills to at least Sailing with Spinnakers and Performance Sailing
- Have good powerboat handling skills in a teaching environment
- Read the 'RYA Instructor Code of Conduct' and be satisfied they can sign their agreeance to this code during the course
- Be a current member of the RYA
The course covers performance boat handling, spinnaker handling, 5 essentials coaching and use of powerboats for coaching.
On successful completion through continuous assessment, and possibly a theory test, your Instructor award will be endorsed by the RYA.
What to bring
- We provide wetsuits, buoyancy aids and trapeeze harnesses. Although if you have your own you are welcome to use them.
- You should bring: swimwear (to wear under wetsuit), shoes you are happy to get wet, a towel, a change of clothes, suntan cream, a hat, and a water bottle