Advanced: Warm up for the summer, kit tuning and waterstarting!
Advanced: Planing carve gybe
• For those who are planing, still trying to master the gybe. Take what you have learnt in the non-planing carve gybe into this faster maneuver. De-code the basic parts of this move in the clinic by breaking the gybe into bite size chunks.
Advanced: Gybe variations
•For those who are trying the carve gybe or mastered the gybe and want to try something new. We will look at the duck gybe, slalom/laydown gybe, high wind/survival gybe, the strap to strap gybe and more.
Advanced: Waterstarting and jumping!
Advanced Clinics (WS)
- Aimed at those who have completed the Intermediate Planing level
- Session aims are interchangeable depending on weather and are non-certified
- Half a day of Advanced WS coaching with a focus on a particular skill
- 7 April 2018 0930-1300: Warm up for the season
- 9 June 2018 1330-1700: Planing carve gybes
- 6 October 2018 1330-700: Gybe variations
- 3 November 2018 1330-1700: Waterstarting & jumping
Booking 3 or more people on the same course?
A 10% discount is available on sailing, windsurfing and multi-activity courses, do call us on 01784 248881 for more information
if the course you are interested in is full, do give us a call and we can see if we can increase the spaces available
Do I need to be able to swim?
You need to be confident in the water, but there is no minimum swimming ability required
What do you provide?
We provide wetsuit, buoyancy aid and all sailing equipment
What should I bring with me?
Shoes you are happy to get wet, swimwear to wear under your wetsuit, towel, a change of clothes, suntan cream and a hat
What is the minimum number of students for a course to run?
Usually we need 3 people to run a course, we will contact you if we do not reach that number
What happens if I need to cancel?
You may cancel any time up until 14 days before the course (instructor courses require a minimum of 2 month notice) with full refund (minus the admin fee). After that time, there is a 100% fee
What qualifications do your staff hold?
All our RYA courses are taught by qualified RYA Instructors inline with RYA guidelines. All non-RYA courses are taught by appropriately trained Instructors inline with our AALA recognition.
Just give us a call on 01784 248881